Tuesday, April 15, 2008

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY KAYL!!!

We were able to pick Kayl up Friday night in Mesa and have him with us until Saturday night. So we decided to pretend it was his birthday and let him choose where he wanted to eat. He chose Wendy's. I said, "No, really, anywhere you want to eat! Like Chili's or Applebee's..." Evan turned and looked at me and said, "SSSHHH!!! let him choose!" So we ate at Wendy's for dinner and then went and walked around Bass Pro Shop. We played a few of the shooting games they have and bought him a hat. The kids loved watching the huge catfish (bigger than Adalyn) swim in the big tank. I lost count of how many times we went back to see it. In the morning he chose breakfast burritos and lunch was at Arby's with Dennis and Carolyn and boys. After that we took the elders to the grocery store to buy some meat to cook in our backyard pit. (I will blog about that later) Then it was off to the theatre to see Nim's Island. I thought it was good, even though Adalyn didn't sleep till the last 20 minutes or so. On the way to take Devin and Nathan home we stopped at Sonic and let them all get ice cream. Before I gave Kayl's to him I stuck a candle in his whipped cream, lite it and we sang to him. It made me a little nervous to watch Nathan hand it to Kayl over the seat, really close to the ceiling, but they did good and there was no fire in the car! It was a fun day and we were very happy to be able celebrate his 10th birthday with him a little early!!! His actual birthday is tomorrow the 16th.

2 comments: