Sunday, November 23, 2008

Evan has a new project

OKAY!!! I know that there are mostly women that look at my blog. Some may be interested, but most...probably not. I just thought I would share this info in case your hubbies or other males you know would be interested in seeing what Evan is up to.

A few weeks ago Evan was doing some work in the garage and I went out to throw something away. When I walked out, I saw this in the driveway...


I believe my exact words were, "What the crap is this??? and Why is it at our house???" Evan explained to me that the neighbor gave it to him and he wouldn't have to spend money putting it together because he already has parts scattered here at our house and down in Safford at Lawrence's Mom's backyard in old cars. I calmed down, a little, and said, in a loving voice, "I don't care what you do to this car, but you are not allowed to touch it until my Mom's door is done!" He agreed that it was a good idea, since he started making my Mom's door about a year and a half ago.

I couldn't believe how this old rat rod motivated Evan to get the door done so quickly! It went to the powder coater this last week. When it is done, I will post some before and afters.

I was a little surprised the other night when Evan asked me to make him a blog. He would like to have a place that he can document the progress of this project. So... 27 Essex is the place! He has asked me several times why I don't have music on my blog. I don't really have one great answer for why. Maybe that I haven't gotten around to it, I listen to other peoples blogs while I blog surf or post sometimes, I didn't know how to do it and haven't taken the time to learn , or probably may favorite...I like the silence! There is enough going on around me with two girls and now two dogs that I don't need to add more noise!!! Anyway, Evan wants music on his blog. Last night we spent some time together picking music. We had several disagreements on his choice of music and he would remind me that it is HIS blog! I do like SOME of the songs he picked, but I have to give a warning that a handful of songs are NOT easy on the ears. SO!!! If you choose to look at his blog, I would advice pausing the music or skipping the songs you are not sure of. Maybe we can find the edited versions of the songs.

We went to two car shows this weekend and I was able to see what Evan has in mind for this car. It will be fun for the family to ride around in and take to the car shows.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Hey, amen on the silence thing. I couldn't agree more! Good luck with the new project. I'll love to see what becomes of it.