Monday, November 17, 2008

Looking back...

Since Halloween this year, I have had a few people ask me if Evan and I dressed up. Well, we didn't dress up this year, but we did last year and the year before.

In 2006 our ward fall social was a costume party. I was pregnant with Adalyn, and was trying to think of some costumes that would go along the lines of being pregnant. I saw several cute ideas online, like the baker and the bun in the oven. Evan wasn't going for it! He said he would go to the costume store and find something for us. WELL!!! Skeletons are what he came up with! I really didn't think it was a good idea to be scary for a church party. But he insisted. So he painted our faces and pinned a small skeleton to my belly for the baby's costume. It was a really fun night and we won "Scariest Costume!" Imagine that!

In 2007, we dressed up a few nights before Halloween to help the youth of our ward with an activity. We were asked to dress "out of the ordinary". All I could think of was for us to switch clothes. We met at the mall and were asked to walk around and window shop. The youth were on there way to look for us. When they found us, they were to say, "Man looketh at the outward appearance" and we said, "but God looketh on the heart". There was quite a few people from our ward that were there. It was a lot of fun to be a part of! Thanks for inviting us Claire! Evalina got a lot of crazy looks and comments. I think Claire was the first one to crack up when Evalina walked up to the mall with our boys, Andy and Adam.

I thought about breakin' out the skeletons for 2008, but with Adalyn being a "Scardy Cat" I didn't think it would be such a great idea. Also Kayl called and asked to borrow one of them. I need to ask for pictures of him with his costume on. I think it was something like a dead football player. I am interested to see how that turned out.

So...maybe next year we will play dress up with our kids!
Little side note off of the subject...I can't believe how much Adalyn looks like Evan. He has been calling her his little boy lately. And in these pictures she looks like she could be! Poor girl has her daddy's head. Hopefully she will grow into it.

6 comments:

Claire said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Oh, Evalina. That was a great, great day. And I loved your skeleton costumes. You guys looked great that year as well.

russandkatie said...

I loved the little skeleton baby!

Sharla said...

Hey girl, I was cruising your blog and saw some of your other links you check and the ER blog caught my attention... How do you know the Quinn family? They are in our ward here in Texas! I know they are from the Safford area so that is too funny! Do you have their family blog too? Too funny!

Levi and Suzi said...

Those skeleton costumes look just like the ones that Johnny and his buddies wore in the Halloween scene of "Karate Kid." AWESOME!

Koi said...

Too funny what Suzi said, she's right though. Umm so now that we all see that you do have some Halloween spirit, you better show it off next year. No excuses!

Jewel said...

So funny. I can only imagine what Evan will come up with next year...I'm excited to see the results!!