Friday, November 7, 2008

Scaredy Cat!

Kinda long but I wanted to have it recorded....


A month or more before Halloween, we were getting a few things from Wally World. Evan and Ansley decided they wanted to look at all the costumes. I got Adalyn out of the cart and put her down so she could look around too. Just before she turned the corner to the isle, I saw Evan coming towards us with a scary old man/monster mask on. I really thought...for a second...about NOT letting her see him...then she walked around the corner and FROZE! I think she stopped breathing and took a few steps back before she started SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER!!! I picked her up, she hid her face in my neck, squeezed me tight and I tried not to drop her...since I was laughing so hard! I know, I am just as EVIL as Evan! I don't know what it is about scaring people that cracks me up! (I do have funny stories about scaring Evan and my brother Doug, even though Doug chooses not to remember) Anyway, minutes after Adalyn being terrified, she was still trembling all over her body. Poor baby!

So! for weeks! ANYTHING having to do with Halloween scared her to death! It wasn't funny anymore! We went to Safford to visit friends and family. We arrived at Niki's house and there on the floor was an Obama mask. As soon as I saw it I asked her to put it away cause I didn't want Adalyn to freak out. SO what does she do??? She puts it on the desk in the room that we are staying in! DUH! SO what does Evan do when he sees it there a few minutes later??? Of coarse he shows it to Adalyn and of coarse, she FREAKS OUT!!! I was not very happy with Evan or Niki. I felt bad for Adalyn and after this she would not leave my site for anything the whole time we were there. I was shocked the next day when Niki asked if we could show it to Adalyn again so that her husband could see her freak out. I said NO right away and so did Brian. LEAVE MY BABY ALONE!!!

A few weeks later, Kayl called and asked if I would mail him a skeleton costume to borrow. So I got the box of costumes out. Ansley was very excited to see what was in the box and try a costume on. Adalyn! on the other hand...went weak in the knees, laid on the floor for a minute hiding her face and then ran down the hall.








When I went to go see if she was okay, this is what I found.








Not a very happy camper! Ansley took the costume off right away.








We tried to make her happy.








She would not let go of me until I showed her that the box was back in the closet. This left me wondering what Halloween was going to be like. When I was looking for costumes for the girls, Adalyn pushed almost everything away. She didn't want any part of it! She seemed to be okay with the witch costume though.

Halloween finally came and Adalyn was a little nervous when Noah (little boy I watch) wore a skeleton costume to Ansley's preschool costume parade. I think she was okay with it only if he kept his distance! That night at trunk or treat she made some WIDE circles around a few of the cars that were a little too creepy. After that night we figured we were done with the scaring until Monday came and Noah wanted to bring his mask to play with. A few hours after he got here we were shocked to see Adalyn playing with the mask and trying to put it on. I went to the closet and got her her own mask.
We could not believe it!!! JUST LIKE THAT???













3 comments:

Claire said...

So wait... she's over it now?? I love the picture of her and Noah in their masks! They are so cute!!

Janice said...

That's funny. I'm glad you documented it because that's a priceless story that will bring smiles to everyone who read is. By the way, your girls are beautiful. I think Adalyn looks more like you than I remember. I can't wait to see them again. . .maybe soon!

SimplyGigi said...

Good gracious that kids gonna have a complex! LOL